Thursday, June 17, 2010

Officially

Okay, I can say it now: I signed a lease. I am officially going to be a New Jersey-er starting July 8th. Yee gods!


Subway observations:
  • Taggers are starting to spraypaint their Twitter screen names on the walls of subways now. I think I will have to process the magnitude of this development later.
  • Also, we had the coolest subway driver yesterday. Every single stop, he announced the stop in a different accent, and they were so convincing, I couldn't tell which one was real. There was Irish, Jamaican, Brooklyn, Canadian, and more. We were all cracking up the whole way home.

2 comments:

LMN said...

I loved your comment about the subway driver! That's great when people go beyond their scope of work to do their jobs differently, making it more interesting for themselves and others.

J Leigh said...

Usually, if there are connecting trains, the driver will announce things like "This is Jay Street. Transfer is available to the F-train." When we got to York, which has no connecting trains, he goes "This is York Street. Transfer is available to the sidewalk."