Sunday, June 06, 2010

Announcement!

A year ago, I started from scratch in many ways. I went to a new school, got a new job, moved to a new state, and basically knew no one. A year later, I'm doing it all again.

Yes, that's right: I got a job! Okay, so it's not exactly a new job--it's where I've been working part-time for the last ten months, but now it's full-time. That means salary, benefits, the works. It also means moving to New Jersey. Not thrilled about that, let's be honest. It's a little harder to get around without a car, so I'm looking at urban areas like Hoboken and Jersey City.

I saw a place in JC that was really good today. I also walked around Hoboken. Both cities are pretty cool, very different than each other.

So, yes, it will be sad to leave my church, the beach, my NYC coolness points, and most of all my awesome roommates, but it's a proximity thing (and I don't like this neighborhood anyway, to be honest). Hopefully I'll be able to find good roommates and a good church in Jersey.

More about the job: publicity, marketing, and social media for music, film, and theatre trade books. I'll be doing a lot of what I'm doing now and then some. Modern publicity, leading publicity into the future, I guess. I'll also get to work more one-on-one with authors, which I'm very excited about.

Quick rant: I applied to get health insurance in January. They screwed up the form a couple times so it took two months for it to even start being processed. I had to get blood taken when I had pink eye, but the insurance people said if I get approved (and why shouldn't I?) then they will pay for anything that happened during the three months my application was being processed. I called them this week to see if that would still apply if I moved to Jersey since the blood was drawn here on NY soil. Turns out, this whole time since March, my application has not been processing. It's not on record. Now, I don't know who screwed up, but this is a big screw up, don't you think? Surely this kind of negligence is illegal?

So that's the news. I'll let you know when I find a new place to live. The office moves to NJ June 28th, so hopefully some time around then.



See below for Splice review.

No comments: