Saturday, March 06, 2010

Ryanhood


In college, I was on the Campus Activities Board, and at the conference where we chose which acts to bring to campus, one of the days was MC-ed by an acoustic alternative duo called Ryanhood. We ended up bringing the duo to campus the next year.

Last night, Ryanhood was in New York City (which they said does not typically happen for them). They gave a free show at The Living Room.

It was a really nice show. They have bands cycling in and out every 45 minutes, so it was a short show, but well done. They played some of my favorites as well as some songs I hadn't heard before. I think it was the first time I saw them with their full band.

They began one song by saying that a lot of the places they play are places called things like "Oshkosh, Wisconsin" and it's filled with people who want to get out of there. They all seem to want to go to New York City. And that's what the next song is about. I was like "That's me!" And I did get out of Wisconsin and go to New York City. And then they announced that the song was Gardens and Graves which used to be my favorite Ryanhood song (when I only had one of their CDs). So after the show I went and told Cameron that I was one of those people last year in Wisconsin who moved out to New York and that I was in CAB when we brought them to La Crosse last year. He asked what I was in New York for and I told him book publishing. They're off to Boston today.


These are not my videos:



Gardens and Graves:



PS. and unlated, Hattie Hayridge is on Carpool this week. Check it out on www.llewtube.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.