Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Media Announcements

1. Independent Film Channel announces it will air Rhett and Link's new TV show on June 24th. Commercial Kings. Link to announcement.

2. Terry Pratchett and Terry Jones are creating a TV series based around the Watch in Pratchett's Discworld series. Is this for serious? If they're using the real characters from the books, including my favorite character in anything ever, this could be my new favorite show. Link to announcement.



3. They've already cancelled Outcasts in the UK. Lame. I hope we still get it here on BBC America.


4. Someone is finally making a Good Omens mini series. I think Terry Gilliam was supposed to direct this film a long time ago, I believe but he just sort of...didn't in that Terry Gilliam way. His films are brillliant...when they get done. Instead, the production company Prime Focus is doing Good Omens. It's a cult classic, and most people consider it the best thing that came from Pratchett or Gaiman, but I like a lot of their solo work better. I still want to see it though. I want to know who they've cast for Crowley and Aziraphale because this has been a subject of much discussion on the interwebs for over a decade now. I think Terry Jones is working on this one as well. (There are too many Terrys in this post!)
Link to announcement


5. I missed watching Stephen Merchant on Graham Norton last week, but I watched it on YouTube. He's doing a standup show in NYC on December 20th. Exciting. I've also just noticed that I missed the Graham Norton episode in February with Brian Cox. Really must pay attention.

No comments: