Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Met


I went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art today. I saw a lot of Egyptian things such as the Temple of Dendur (see photo above). I also went through South America, North America, Middle Ages, Greek, and maybe some others. Africa was definitely my favorite because of all the masks (see picture below). I was most looking forward to the Modern Art, but I wasn't too impressed. I guess I was expecting surrealist paintings and stuff. Instead, it was a lot of Picaso-style paintings and chairs. Is it bad I wanted to buy some of the chairs for furniture? And then I was like, Oh, wait that's supposed to be art, not IKEA floor models. I don't understand.
After the museum, I went down toward the Brooklyn Bridge and bought some work clothes because I don't have much summer biz casual clothing. I don't like clothes shopping, but I got 3 dress shirts and 1 pair of pants for under $80. That's pretty good, isn't it?

No comments: