Thursday, June 26, 2008

Charleston and rant

Writing and stuff

Check out my other blog to get updates on my writing. I've downloaded a fun new program and found this weird site that reads your novel aloud to you.

http://j-leigh-nelson.livejournal.com/3066.html


Website

Check out my website at simple-assault.com because I've added some pictures using TinyPic.com. More to come! I've also updated the links and about me page. And now there is an official page for masks rather than a link to off-site albums.


Charleston

South Carolina was great. Here's a couple pictures (really, there are HUNDREDS). There were dolphins and a beached shark and lots of seagulls and pelicans. Ghosts in the haunted jail. Salt in the ocean. Tornadoes in the sky. Alcohol in the slushies at Wet Willies. Faeries in the Angel Oak tree. Sunset in the cruise. Awesomeness in the flat. Cat in the bag. Spice in the chicken. Hats in the market place. Rubber ducks on the runway. Eerie halls under Moultrie. Cannons on the battery. Shells on the beach. Fish under my feet. Sunburn on my foot. Foot in the ocean!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2112622&l=ba6fc&id=73405296


Life on Mars Rant

Life on Mars is a BBC show from a couple years ago. It's my favorite at the moment. It's innovative. Actors that can act, directors who know what they're doing, and original writers. And now America wants to remake it. If America wants it so badly, they should release it on region 1 DVD, not give it to ABC to mess with. I just saw the new trailer and they've make it QUIRKY. PLUCKY. The directors act like all they know about 70s policing is the Ben Stiller Owen Wilson version of Starsky and Hutch. The music makes it look like a comedy. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if they weren't making it the EXACT same plot. But shot for shot, line for line, it's the same. Except they've Hollywoodized it, so the action is more intense and the quick comebacks are cliche. I don't know how O'Mara will be as Sam, but I remember the original directors saying how fortunate they were to get John Simm b/c few actors can handle a complex character like Sam Tyler. And Gene Hunt needs ATTITUDE, not just violence. And as nice as it is to see someone from Big Wolf on Campus back on TV, she's way to sassy to be Annie. I hate to say it, but I think they've MODERNIZED the 70's.

The old show



The new show



Funny rant -- very true



Mixing the two shows






No comments: