Monday, December 20, 2010

Comedy Writing and Animating

I felt kind of bad that I'm not really working on a writing project at the moment. I'd go to the NJ writers group and they'd be like, "What are you working on now?" and I'd be like, "Uh, nothing. I'm taking a break to work on my podcast," which is kind of blasphemy, and I understand that because writing is really the most important thing to me out of all my projects. But I realized something last night. Now that Lindsey and I have decided to script all of our podcast episodes (except the features where we interview celebrities (which ones? Here, here, and here)), I realized that we are now officially comedy writers. We are writing comedy for broadcast. How cool is that? I wrote what I thought was a funny 5-minute piece about my New Years Resolutions (I have to do a playback to see if it actually is funny). And now we are going to write character intros, which I hope is funny. These guys here did an awesome job at introducing the characters on their podcast.


Also, I have animated a rough version of our new intro. Some of it needs to be tightened because parts are really slow and some too fast. The default has that motion blur on it, but I didn't realize it until I got to the last shot where I turned it off. I don't really like the blur--I think I will keep it off from now on. We will be auditioning for music to go behind it. Also, we have like 49 fans on Facebook already and we hardly know any of them. Very cool.

2 comments:

insert cool pseudonym for your dad said...

Is the camera guy supposed to look like Jaeger?

J Leigh said...

Yes. Jaeger.