Thursday, January 28, 2010

Snack Critique

There's this awesome website called channelflip.com which is basically a TV channel with 10 original weekly shows, except it's not on TV and you can watch the episodes whenever you feel like it. It's a bit of a guy's channel so it has a lot of things I don't really care for watching like games and cars and stuff, but I found it because Robert Llewellyn does cars and machine of the week report. Anyway, they've got one section on snacks where this enthusiastic host gives a funny critique about some kind of snack item. I've decided to steal this idea this once in blog format.


There was a school fund raiser that I decided to help out by buying an item. It was like a chocolate lover's selection, so I chose some milk balls because they're not terribly expensive. Today I would like to give you my review of the milk balls known as "Dot's."


The good stuff:

These milk balls are bigger than your average Whopper and you can eat one in several bites, which makes them last longer. And you want them to last longer because they also taste better than your average Whopper. While they have the traditional milk chocolate coating, beneath that crust is a darker fudgy chocolate, which is this snack's charm. Of course, there is also the crunchy middle that melts in your mouth.


The bad stuff:

While candy was never supposed to be good for you, the inventors, in my opinion, tried to put a little too much iron in this mixture. About five balls through the bag, I found this (see picture below) piece of metal chain link buried deep into th chocolate. Now, I'm hoping this was a one time occurance, but if I suffer from internal bleeding later on, you all saw it here first.

No comments: