Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Is it still September?

I keep thinking it's October. I don't know what's wrong with me.

1. Nine Days

We, on CAB, finally decided to vote once and for all whether or not to sign Nine Days (This is a story of a girl...) for our fall concert. And we voted yes. So there you have it. I'm very pleased with this outcome, but I've decided not to get my hopes up in case someone throws a wrech into the gears.

2. Sleep Paralysis

Fascinating thing, really, this SP. I've gotten it quite a lot and it manages to freak me out every single time. I've just realized that it's linked with the fear of not hearing the alarm clock. Every time I get it, I feel I really need to look at the clock, but as it is called "paralysis," I can't. I did remember for the first time while this occured that you can use this ISP for lucid dreaming, but of course, as soon as I remembered this, my alarm clock did go off, jerking my body awake. I didn't have the "night mare" effect this time--that's only happened once.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, check this out. It's pretty crazy.

3. Events

So enough about that nonsense. Here are some pictures of events from this month.

Ari Herstand
Byron Hurt
Sheng Wang

My first event, Sones de Mexico, is coming up a week from Friday, so that's exciting. I just hope I haven't over looked anything.

English Club also has some stuff coming up, including the social on October 17th and Speak! on October 8th. As I am also in charge of Speak!, I've been doing a bit of work on that this week. I also made the English Club brochure.

I'm taking the GRE for sure in November.

The Kooks concert is coming up in a couple weeks too.

I've turned in my grant proposal and have recieved some very good constructive feedback from a couple of my reviewers.

No comments: