Monday, November 06, 2006

Huh. Well that sucked.

Keres
So I continued to write Keres based on the beginning I have posted below and it deteriorated to some awful state of simplicity that I kept finding myself in before when I trashed earlier versions. Is it that I'm having problems writing omniscient point of view? Am I not distant enough? This is what the creative writing professor sent me:
http://awpwriter.org/magazine/writers/djauss01.htm
It's very useful and I will meditate on this.

Calendar
I've only got November and December left to do. I almost considered scrapping all the work I'd done in preference for a page-a-day calendar that tears off, but I eventually returned to sanity. Maybe someday I will do an alternative version.

Writers of the Future
I want to submit an entry to the Writers of the Future contest to get some money, but with a limit of 17,000 words, I'm not sure my portfolio will be able to provide me anything. Anything I have is too long or too old. (In my case old = not good enough) Perhaps I will need to invent something new.

Documentary
I have proposed the idea of me making a documentary in England for my stay in London for the study abroad program here. I hope it goes through seeing as how I turned in my application six days after the deadline, but it's their fault for not advertising it.

drawing:


Which version do you like better? I don't have a scanner, so I had to take a picture of it. The one on the left is with the flash and the one on the right is without. It looks like I got them at a little bit of a different angle too because the proportions are slightly different.






Art Assignment
I've got two assignments for Art Appreciation. One is a website. I've created the template from scratch and added some frivulous detail. I will post it when it's done. I still need to do some research on satire artists. I don't know many even though it is my favorite function.
The second one is a 16-hour visual journal in which I will do like a scrapbooked journey. I will take my photos over Thanksgiving. One will be with my dog, one at the dinner table mimicking American Gothic, and one of isolated sleep paralysis. That's all I know of so far. The rest will probably be spontanious.

Website
Please note that I have taken most of my stories off my personal website (simple-assault.com) because I want to save space, but you can read them if you email me. I have left about six on there. I also updated the drawings page.

I just ate a whole bag of M&Ms in 30 seconds.

Please disreguard any spelling errors in this piece as I have not proof-read it. Thank you.

No comments: