Monday, January 01, 2007

Gyre Prequel

Doing my cartoon of Bowling Shoes and Murder has inspired me to write a second Gyre novel, but this one will be a prequel to Bowling Shoes and Murder. The reason for this is that it's more fun to work backwards. Indeed, Bowling Shoes and Murder was written backwards! No joke. So now I'll take the outcome (the novel) and try to write how these things came to be. It's like being a detective. You have to use clues from the story already written, even things that seem insignificant, to figure out what happened before all this occured. Over the course of THREE DAYS, I've written 15,000 words. Not bad if I do say so myself. I'm taking a little break now as I figure out the gist of a new character I'm just about to introduce.

Still need a title.

No comments: